Getting to Naxos!
Located in the centre/heart of the Cyclades islands, Naxos is easy to get to from various points, by air and by sea, year round. Here is a quick guide to help you plan your trip.
If you are flying into Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos, you can catch a flight directly to Naxos with Olympic Air. Do keep in mind that it is a good idea to book in advance as seats are limited.
Connection to Naxos from Athens by boat:
Another option from Athens -preferred by most Greeks due to the space availability and timetable frequency- is to travel by ferry or high speed catamaran. Most of the reservations may be booked directly online, or at your travel agency.
Bus service to the port of Piraeus is available from the airport (bus X96 Piraeus-Airport Express, located at arrivals level, between Exits 4 and 5). The transport time from the airport to the port of Piraeus is about 1hr45 minutes. A second port about 30-45 minutes by car from Athens Airport is the port of Rafina. In the summer it also has boats departing to the Cyclades. (Please note there is no direct Express bus to Rafina from the airport).
If you’re flying into Mykonos or Santorini airports…
The international airports closest to Naxos are the airports at the nearby islands Mykonos and Santorini. If you are flying into these airports, connection to Naxos is then by sea. Frequent service by ferry and catamaran is available from both Santorini and Mykonos.
Access from Crete:
Another popular destination, Crete, also has boat service to Naxos in the peak season.
Access from Paros:
Paros, which is located right opposite to Naxos, is also connected at least twice per day by boat to the island.
The following is a quick guide to access from the islands mentioned above.
Enjoy your trip!
- Daily ferry/ferries from the port of Piraeus (approximately 5.5 hours)
- Daily ferry from the port of Rafina (approximately 5 hours)
- Daily hydrofoil(s) from the port of Piraeus (approximately 4 hours)
- Daily hydrofoil(s) from the port of Rafina (approximately 3-3.5 hours)
- By air: Daily flight (s) from Athens International Airport, Eleftherios Venizelos
- Daily ferry/ferries (approximately 2-2.5 hours)
- Daily hydrofoils (approximately 1 hour)
- Daily ferries (approximately 1-2 hours)
- Daily hydrofoils (approximately 20 minutes)
- Daily hydrofoils (approximately 3.5 hours)
- Daily ferry boats, hydrofoils (approximately 45 minutes)
Everything you need to plan your trip by boat!